Pages InformationWriter Jogye Date22 Jul 2021 Read1,117 Comment0
Master Taegongdang Wolju, Daejongsa, the 18th and 28th President of the Jogye Order, Entered Parinirvana
Master Taegongdang Wolju’s funeral ceremony to be officiated by the Jogye Order
Master TaegongdangWolju, Daejongsa, and a member of the Elder’s Council, who served as the 18th and 28th President of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism, entered parinirvana at 9:45 am on July 22 (June 13 on the lunar calendar). 2021 (B.E. 2565) at the age of 87 after spending 68 years as an ordained monk at Geunsan-sa Temple in Jeonllabuk province.
Master TaegongdangWolju’s Dharma Lineage
- Master TaegongdangWolju will lie in state at Cheoyeong Cultural Memorial Hall at Geunsan-sa Temple in Mt. Moak.
- Memorial altars set up at: Jogye-sa Temple, Bongeun-sa Temple, Doseon-sa Temple, Yeonghwa-sa Temple, Jingwang-sa
Temple, Beopryong-sa Temple (National Bhiksuni Association)
- Funeral ceremony date: 10 am, July 26 (June 17 on the lunar calendar). 2021 (B.E. 2565)
- Funeral ceremony venue: Yeonhwa-dae, Geunsan-sa Temple in Mt. Moak
- Cremation ceremony venue: Yeonhwa-dae, Geunsan-sa Temple in Mt. Moak
Please contact Geunsan-sa Temple in Mt. Moak (tel: (063) 548-4441) for further information.
Please contact for any english information as below:
Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism Headquarters International Affairs Team / +82-2-2011-1830 / email@example.com,kr
Daejongsa Master Taegongdang Wolju Funeral Committee