HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 149. 7 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
59 Taeansa Temple Taeansa Temple is located at the foot of Dongrisan Mountain. In the first year of the King Gyungdeok of the Shilla Dynasty, it was established by three Seon monks. It was originally called Daeansa Temple. Taesansa Temple was the birthplace of Dongrisan Mo 07 May 2009 9,066
58 Benjamin Bell: U.S. Buddhist in Seoul   Benjamin Bell: U.S. Buddhist in Seoul When Benjamin V. Bell tells people he is a Buddhist, the reaction from most is: "Pure surprise, and usually laughter and smiles, because we literally are all one in the universe (and) they know that. 21 Jan 2009 9,055
57 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Vegetarian Cats By Ven. Cheonjin 16 Jun 2011 9,042
56 Dharma Talk Initiating the Winter Retreat The long, hot summer has ended and the winter-retreat season is upon us, where we worry instead about the cold. In the ephemeral reality of sentient beings, we never cease worrying about whether it is hot or cold. In reality, once we realize the fundament 06 Dec 2006 9,036
55 Who are you? Having come down with a cold, I couldn’t properly smell or taste anything. Even though I hadn’t eaten seaweed soup (miyeokguk) for a long time, I was completely unable to know whether it was too salty or too bland. Feeling like that one bright morning, li 06 Mar 2006 9,012
54 Why Practice Buddhism? I have news for you young people: something bad will happen to you in your lifetime. It could be anything—a breakup, a loved one dying, a car accident—but for sure, something really awful will come your way, if it hasn’t already. That 17 Oct 2006 9,011
53 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Offering Fingernails to Ants By Ven. Cheonjin 16 Jun 2011 9,004
52 Letters Exchanged between Master Seongcheol, Prof.… Werner Bieder, Theology Professor of the University of Bazel visited Master Seongcheol in 1972 with Gyutae Son. After meeting, they corresponded with Seongcheol about Buddhism. 05 Oct 2006 8,999
51 In Buddhist history, there has never been religiou… Prohibition of killing, non-violence, and tolerance (pluralism) are the traditions of Buddhism. Accordingly, there has never been religious wars of great scope. By Baek Chan-hong Oh My News Reporter 25 Mar 2009 8,997
50 The Meaning of Buddha’s Birth The Buddha was born in a garden, under the branches of a tree, in Lumbini, a town situated near the India-Nepalese border 2543 years ago. His mother was going to her family to have her child but he arrived early. He was born in a prominent family of the G 27 Apr 2006 8,984
49 The connection between fasting and seon meditation “Through mistaken desire, we ruin our lives. If we can reduce our appetites, we can also control our desires.”   Because we have only one life to live, we don’t know what to do.   In Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being, the evanescence o 10 Oct 2006 8,979
48 What is the True Last Word? Dharma Talk for the 2550 (2006) Summer Retreat by Seon Master Dorim Beopjeon Patriarch of the Jogye Order 17 May 2006 8,962
47 Celebratory Speech With reverence, today we celebrate the anniversary of the coming of the Buddha. Today is also the birthday of all sentient beings in the limitless universe. Sakyamuni Buddha taught that all sentient beings are originally enlightened and in the future wi 03 May 2006 8,943
46 Silent Promises     In a secular world that is becoming increasingly complex and heartless, we are becoming bound by such a sea of laws that we can hardly keep track of them. It’s difficult to understand why we need so many laws and regulations just to get on 02 Mar 2011 8,939
45 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri The Reason We Eat By Ven. Cheonjin 30 Jun 2011 8,921
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동