HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 143. 7 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
53 In Buddhist history, there has never been religiou… Prohibition of killing, non-violence, and tolerance (pluralism) are the traditions of Buddhism. Accordingly, there has never been religious wars of great scope. By Baek Chan-hong Oh My News Reporter 25 Mar 2009 5,741
52 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Offering Fingernails to Ants By Ven. Cheonjin 16 Jun 2011 5,726
51 Celebratory Speech With reverence, today we celebrate the anniversary of the coming of the Buddha. Today is also the birthday of all sentient beings in the limitless universe. Sakyamuni Buddha taught that all sentient beings are originally enlightened and in the future wi 03 May 2006 5,714
50 Duo! The cowherd complained of too much work. Then please, take a cup of tea. Duo! 14 Nov 2006 5,709
49 Silent Promises     In a secular world that is becoming increasingly complex and heartless, we are becoming bound by such a sea of laws that we can hardly keep track of them. It’s difficult to understand why we need so many laws and regulations just to get on 02 Mar 2011 5,709
48 The Art of Meditation Meditation can be practised in two main ways: either by stopping and cultivating concentration and enquiry in a systematic way using the tools of awareness: breath, sensations, sounds, thoughts and meditative questioning; or by paying attention to life mo 14 Jun 2006 5,700
47 The Meaning of Buddha’s Birth The Buddha was born in a garden, under the branches of a tree, in Lumbini, a town situated near the India-Nepalese border 2543 years ago. His mother was going to her family to have her child but he arrived early. He was born in a prominent family of the G 27 Apr 2006 5,697
46 Who are you? Having come down with a cold, I couldn’t properly smell or taste anything. Even though I hadn’t eaten seaweed soup (miyeokguk) for a long time, I was completely unable to know whether it was too salty or too bland. Feeling like that one bright morning, li 06 Mar 2006 5,685
45 Great Faith, Great Courage, Great Questioning This evening I would like to follow upon what Stephen was saying in the morning about being careful, about energy, and about protecting, but I would like to look at the subject more from the perspective of the Seon tradition. Seon talks about cultivating 06 Apr 2006 5,662
44 The answers hidden by time Throughout our lives, we often reflect on scenes of times past. Every time the waves of some vaguely happy or sad memories brush up against our mind, we either try to burst out in laughter or become immersed in questioning why. What we don’t know at such 04 Dec 2006 5,661
43 Why are Ananda, Vasubandhu, Asvaghosa and Nagarjun… If you look closely at the Lineage of Dharma Transmission of the Seon school, one peculiarity catches the eye. From Ananda, to Vasubandhu, Asvaghosa and Nagarjuna, the Seon lineage includes a number of persons who seem incongruent with the image of the ma 03 Jul 2006 5,633
42 New Year’s Greeting Speech The year of the Dog is upon us. As it draws near, I pray that it will be filled with joy for each and every person in and outside of Korea, and that Korea will continue taking the brightest passage toward a shining future with the blessings of Buddha. Loo 01 Feb 2006 5,598
41 Uncovering Brilliant Disciples is the Way of Trans… In the Seon school, disciples with extraordinary spiritual capacities are referred to as dharma vessels (beopgi), which suggests that they are vessels capable of containing the dharma. When Huineng, a woodcutter and novice laborer, had an audience with th 20 Dec 2006 5,597
40 Hwadu Meditation and Contemporary Society I have read many articles recently, and have had quite a few discussions with various knowledgeable people as well, regarding the topic of hwadu meditation. What I have observed from my readings and discussions is that people’s opinions about the hwadu f 13 Feb 2006 5,577
39 Taeansa Temple Taeansa Temple is located at the foot of Dongrisan Mountain. In the first year of the King Gyungdeok of the Shilla Dynasty, it was established by three Seon monks. It was originally called Daeansa Temple. Taesansa Temple was the birthplace of Dongrisan Mo 07 May 2009 5,567
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동